Thursday, July 18, 2013

Deal Breakers ; not let misery make ME its company

I feel that school is key to success but sometimes we are faced with obstacles that prevent us from thriving. We all have problems, Issues that need to be addressed but tend to shape our negative mood. For me in order to thrive I have to remember that I must leave all problems out of the door and not let misery make ME its company . A way I found out to alleviate stress was to minimize my daily activity's and set a better schedule to deal with them. For example I took less classes in school and stopped working... I know that for some that may not be an option, but its a suggestion if its possible. I also manage my time in school, I use the time I have in between breaks to do homework or get extra help. I am really bad with math so I try to get that done first. So put what ever it is that you need most help on first and get it over with. I also have a daughter and she my biggest motivation. I know people here that a lot from "teen parents" but its true. Honestly I could not picture myself without her. You are probably wondering then how the fuck are you financially stable? Well I have to say I am blessed to have my fiancé there with me since day one. We talked about school and work and well he has enough to support both of us until I graduate from college. I know there is a lot of moms doing all on their own and I honestly think they are heroes and that's how they should be looked at and not "baby mamas". Well back to the point I feel that school is not impossible because they offer so much help! They have daycare for kids, they have math labs, conversation groups, tutoring, financial aid, it just takes a bit of will power. I think everyone should sit down and write a schedule and go off by that and ask for help when you need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment